Solve and Draw Printables are an easy, no-prep way to make review work or practice of decimal operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) more engaging. Perfect for the end of the school year or summer practice! Put a new spin on color-by-numbers, glyphs, or mystery drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing. These are also designed to provide practice the skills of reading math directions and place value.
How Solve & Draw Printables Work
All you have to do is print the pages! Students solve the decimal calculations and add to the drawing based on their answers. To keep them guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none. Each of the 15 drawing pages has an average of 7 responses that require drawing. Each page is available in two formats - horizontal problems and vertical problems.
Drawing is no-prep because it can be done with the student’s normal writing utensil (pen or pencil). You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required. This works well as a homework option for families who may not have those supplies to offer.
Drawing prompts require a student to use multiple skills:
An optional challenge page is included that can be copied on the back of the worksheet – this gives students an extension opportunity by asking them to create a math equation that fits one of the incorrect drawing prompts or to create a math equation and their own drawing prompts.
Table of Contents:
• Addition Level 1 (Pool Party)
• Addition Level 2 (River Field Trip)
• Subtraction Level 1 (Farm Field Trip)
• Subtraction Level 2 (City Field Trip)
• Mixed Addition & Subtraction Level 1 (Camping Trip)
• Mixed Addition & Subtraction Level 2 (Lunch Time)
• Multiplication Level 1 (Time for School)
• Multiplication Level 2 (Science Class)
• Division Level 1 (Arctic Field Trip)
• Division Level 2 (Gym Time)
• Mixed Multiplication & Division Level 1 (Desert Field Trip)
• Mixed Multiplication & Division Level 2 (Class Presentation)
• Mixed Operations Level 1 (Island Field Trip)
• Mixed Operations Level 2 (Playground)
• Mixed Operations Level 3 (Music Class)
• Challenge Page
• Answer Keys
***Updated 6/29/15 to add 7 more pages! If you purchased prior to this date, please download the updated file by going to your My Purchases page. Thank you!***
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Decimal Word Problems Solve & Draw Task Cards
••••••Buy both Decimal Solve & Draw resources together and SAVE!
• Fraction Operations Solve & Draw Pack: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.