***** DECIMAL OPERATIONS FULL PRACTICE UNIT *****
This unit contains everything you need to practice decimals with your students. Pick and choose the worksheets or activities that work with your class. This pack includes the follow:
- Introducing Decimals
- Adding Decimals
- Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals
----- All practice sheets come with a differentiated page that has problems that get more difficult the further you get. The second page of all practice sheets is a challenge page that includes word problems and/or number sense problems that pushes the students further with their knowledge of decimals. There is an answer sheet at the end of the practice sheets ------
FUN DECIMAL PRACTICE WORKSHEETS
Don't give the same boring problems over and over again to your learners. There are SIX worksheets in this packet that go over:
***Use these worksheets to help students practice decimals in real-world applications and fun scenarios***
Included with this bundle:
- Who's the Richest: investigate four different people and use your knowledge of decimals to find out who has the most money. Uses multiplying and adding decimals.
- Trip to the Moon: you are hired to acquire moon rocks, but you need to figure out how many can fit in each bag you are given. Uses dividing decimals.
- Trip to the Movies: you are invited to the movies, but you need to get enough money to attend. Go through several scenarios and discover if you have enough to make it. Uses adding and subtracting decimals.
- Construction: someone cut the wood boards wrong and you need to figure out the missing pieces. Uses subtracting decimals.
- Fill the Water Bottle: you have a water bottle that needs to be filled to the top. The only problem is you have cups filled with too little water. Find the right combination of cups to get closest to the top. Can you crack the code? Uses adding and subtracting fractions.
- Dinner Time: this short activity allows students to follow directions and use their skills in decimals to get dinner for the family. Uses dividing, adding, and subtracting decimals.
___ All worksheets come with answer keys and teacher tips___
DECIMAL FINAL PROJECT
The all-in-one final assessment project for decimals is finally here! This project focuses on having students create their own business and use math to figure out if they will be profitable or shut down.
Test your students on:
Show your class how decimals will be used in the real world and why they are so important.
This project is student guided and allows them to choose all of the following:
- What items to sell in their store
- How they advertise
- Where they will be located at
- Who will work in the store
- What prices to sell their items for
***Higher level learners to let them work through it on their own.***
***All learners to showcase their knowledge of decimals***
***Teamwork and collaboration***
***Class discussions on profit and cost in business**
As a bonus there are two games in this bundle. A decimal card matching game - just print out and give to each student. There are also directions for a whole class activity that can be done easily and without supplies.
This is a fantastic resource that can be used as homework, classwork, group work, practice, or whole class activities.
These normally sell in individual bundles, but get it here now for a low price.