PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Decimals are such an important concept to teach and review, but it can get a little boring doing it the same way year after year. Get your students up and moving around the room with this fun "scavenger hunt" activity! This is an engaging way to review place value and number sense concepts for decimals (to the thousandths place)! Use it during your decimals unit or anytime during the year when your students need a little extra practice!
This resource is easy to use! Just print and cut the task cards and display them around the room. Students move from card to card as they search for the answer to each question.
Students will review:
• identifying the place and value of digits in a decimal
• reading and writing decimals in standard and word form
• comparing decimals
• ordering decimals
• rounding decimals to the nearest whole number
• determining decimal and fraction equivalents
This activity includes:
• 16 colorful task cards
• 16 printer-friendly task cards (same questions)
• student recording sheets (2 versions)
• answer key
• directions for preparation and use
This resource supports Virginia Math SOL 4.3, but works in any classroom!
For a similar activity with whole numbers, click here!
Thanks for visiting my store!
Need more decimal place value review? You might like: