Decimal Place Value Scavenger Hunt Task Cards
What educators are saying
Decimal place value is so important to teach and review, but it can get a little boring doing it the same way year after year. Students love to get up and moving around the room with this interactive "scavenger hunt" activity! Use this fun twist on task cards to review decimals to the thousandths place during your decimal unit or for spiral review anytime during the year!
This resource is easy to use! Just print and cut the task cards and display them around the room. Students move from card to card as they search for the answer to each question.
Students will review:
- identifying the place and value of digits in a decimal
- reading and writing decimals in standard and word form
- comparing decimals
- ordering decimals
- rounding decimals to the nearest whole number
- determining decimal and fraction equivalents
This activity includes:
- 16 colorful task cards
- 16 printer-friendly task cards (same questions)
- student recording sheets (2 versions)
- answer key
- directions for preparation and use
This resource supports Virginia Math SOL 4.3, but works in any classroom!
For a similar activity with whole numbers, click here!
Thanks for visiting my store!
Need more decimal place value review? You might like:
Problem of the Day: Decimal Number Sense (Digital)
Daily Math Review: Decimals Number Sense