Decimal Place Value Thousandths includes 52 printable pages in which students create a visual representation of a given decimal. Students will write decimals as fractions. Using the visual model, students will compare decimals to one half by reasoning about their size. Students will record the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, or <, and justify the conclusions. Students will represent decimals on a number line diagram, recognizing equivalent decimals as having the same point on a number line.
Save $6 when you bundle!! This resource is included in my Decimal Printables Bundle!
Checkout the preview for a closer look!
• Because there 52 printables, you will be able to use some for whole group instruction, others for small group instruction, a few for assessments, and there will still be more left over for remediation.
• Complete printable whole group displaying the images on an interactive whiteboard or projector.
• Laminate or place printables in a clear report cover so that student may complete during small group instruction or math centers.
• Copy pintables to use as assessments. Answers keys are available for every page. Answers keys may be printed in color for easy grading.
• Answer keys are attractive and may be printed to create anchor charts during instruction.
• Place answer keys in clear report covers to model equivalent fractions or simplifying fractions. Use a dry erase marker to break the whole into equal parts. (see thumbnail in which the whole is broken into 20 equal parts.)
• In the thumbnail, the answer key shows 325 out of 1000 parts shaded. When viewed under the clear report cover, 7 parts out of 20 are shaded
You may also like the following decimal resources:
Decimals: Ordering Decimals
Decimals: Decimal Printables
Decimals: Dividing Decimals
Decimals: Daily Decimal
Decimals: Decimal Printables Thousanths
Decimals: Decimal Printables Bundle
Decimals: Visual Decimals Number Lines
Decimals: Decimal Centers
Decimals: Adding Decimals
Decimals: Decimal Printables set 2