Decimal & Fraction Equivalence Worksheets with Expanded Form & Expanded Notation
4.2G, 4.2E, 4.2B (TEKS),
4.NF.C.5, 4.NF.C.6 (CCSS)
Great for RTI, review, reteach, or exit tickets!
I love teaching math (and writing), and I know that my students get more engaged in assignments and activities look interesting and like they apply to real life. This file contains .
- The first worksheet has students represent equivalent fractions and decimals with multiple representations (fraction/mixed number, decimal in standard form, decimal grid, expanded form, and word form). Each number is given to the students in a real-world context/illustration.
- The second worksheet has students write decimals in expanded form with fractions, expanded form with decimals, expanded notation with fractions, and expanded notation with decimals.
By using these multiple representations of decimals and expanded form/notation, students’ understanding of decimal place value grows deeper.In the classroom, I used this activity as a review at the end of the place value chapters, but I can also see using it as a test prep review of place value closer to the STAAR testing.
- Decimal and Fraction Equivalence Worksheet (Multiple Representations)
- Writing Decimals in Expanded Form and Expanded Notation Worksheet
- Answer Keys
Related Skills Products
Real World Activities/Projects:
For more math products, check out my TpT store!
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to be a follower. Just like that, you will now receive email updates about this store.