DECIMALS & FRACTIONS MATCH 2
WANT TO MAKE YOUR STUDENTS "THINK"??? Challenge them with this worksheet -
Here are two examples of what's on here:
* change .068 to a fraction and reduce
* change .32 to a fraction and reduce
ARE YOU THINKING? YOUR STUDENTS WILL BE!
This worksheet is challenging to say the least. It has a column of 15 decimals and a column of fractions that need to be matched. It's harder than it sounds.
Students must know how to CONVERT DECIMALS to fractions and also must be able to REDUCE FRACTIONS WELL in order to solve this worksheet.
Will be frustrating for some.
You can actually use this as a whole classroom lesson discussing answers as you go along. Turn it into a transparency and use it in front of the class!
A perfect opportunity to talk about the relationship between decimals and fractions.
See the thumbnail or download preview for a clearer idea. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek.
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- FRACTIONS REVIEW AND REINFORCEMENT
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
- ROUNDING DECIMALS PLUS!
- 54 examples in all to round PLUS 12 EXTRA examples using < and > comparing decimals with one another. Rounding is up to hundred thousandths. Plenty of great practice and reinforcement.
- DECIMALS GREATER THAN LESS THAN
- 42 EXAMPLES IN ALL! Students must use the symbols < and > while comparing decimals. 3 FULL worksheets requiring students to compare decimals with one another using greater than and less than with their appropriate symbols.
- ANGLES, TRIANGLES AND POLYGONS POWERPOINT!
- Powerpoint program of 25 slides to test and reinforce your students’ knowledge of basic geometry. Designed as a whole-classroom lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. Great activity!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!