By bringing JENGA into the classroom, the students will be engaged in the lesson as well as having fun with their classmates. This decimals, fractions and mixed numbers Jenga activity includes 8 task cards on problems involving fractions, decimals and mixed numbers for a total of 40 questions. The topics covered are:
1. Changing division problems to fractions and fractions to division problems
2. Write decimals as proper fractions and proper fractions as decimals
3. Mixed numbers and Improper Fractions
4. Write decimals as mixed numbers and write improper/mixed numbers as decimals (including repeating decimals)
5. Draw a number line to demonstrate a situation involving decimals
6. EDITABLE: Create your own fraction/decimal review card set
As an added bonus, I've made a set of cards EDITABLE which means that if you want to create other fraction/decimal problems you easily can through the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
*In order to do this activity, you need to have Jenga blocks (or any building blocks game) which you will have to color both ends with colored markers. You can also just buy the blocks already in different colors.
This product includes:
Check out my other JENGA product: