CCSS Math 5.NBT.A.3 - Read, write, and compare decimals to thousandths.
This unit includes tests and practice work to address all aspects of this standard. Included, you will find:
- Information for the Teacher
- Pre-Tests (2 versions; short and long)
- Two types of practice pages for each of the following learning targets:
- Reading Decimals - Word Form
- Writing Decimal Numbers
- Finding Decimal Equivalents
- Writing Decimals in Expanded Form
- Writing Decimals from Expanded Form
- Comparing Decimals
- One Post-Test
- Answer Keys for all problems
- Rubric for Constructed Response Questions
Both the Pre-Tests and Post-Test include a constructed response type question with a grading rubric.
The two types of practice pages vary slightly. One has a section of "notes" at the top to remind the student, or help a parent know how to complete the work - this is great for homework or student who was absent for instruction. The other practice page type includes problems and from 1 - 3 reasoning/explaining type questions to help the students process WHY they need to do what they are doing. This page would be great for in-class practice and as a formative assessment for teachers to see if students are grasping the number concepts needed.