WANT TO MAKE YOUR STUDENTS "THINK"? READ ON....
Here are two examples off this worksheet:
* * change seven ninths to the nearest tenth as a decimal
* * change twenty three nineteenths to the nearest thousandth as a decimal
ARE YOU THINKING? YOUR STUDENTS WILL BE!!
This is not your typical rounding of decimals! Students must first change the fractions to decimals and THEN round to a nearest place value as decimals.
Calculators are suggested as this is quite difficult.
This will be time consuming and great math practice.
Turn this into a transparency and use as a whole classroom lesson discussing the answers as you go along.
A perfect opportunity to talk about the relationship between fractions and decimals. Please look at the download preview to see how difficult this is. Decorated for fun.
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU - CLICK ANY LINK:
- FRACTIONS & DECIMALS MATCH! CHALLENGING!
- Check out this worksheet where students must match a column of decimals with a column of fractions. Much harder than it sounds. They must have an understanding of the relationship between decimals and fractions to solve this. They might even have to "think"!!
- Fractions Review & Reinforcement
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
- POWERPOINT "FRACTIONS ARE FUN"
- Designed as a whole-class lesson this powerpoint gets students actively involved in the answers. Great activity with great graphics will keep students engaged. NOT for the beginner!
GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!