Practice working with decimals and fractions through critical thinking with this math journal. It covers VA SOLs 4.3a, 4.3b, 4.3c, 4.3d, 5.2a, and 5.2b.
Includes eight journal pages in which students must assess and correct common mistakes when working with decimals and fractions.
- Journal 1- Evaluate mistakes in comparing decimal numbers through the thousandths in standard and word form.
- Journal 2- Order decimal numbers through the thousandths from greatest to least and represent on a number line.
- Journal 3- Use visual representations to draw fraction and decimal equivalent values.
- Journal 4- Evaluate common mistakes in finding equivalent fractions and decimals.
- Journal 5- Evaluate common mistakes in finding equivalent fractions and decimals for thirds, sixths, eighths, and twelfths.
- Journal 6- Evaluate common mistakes in finding equivalent fractions and decimals and place them on a number line.
- Journal 7- Evaluate common mistakes in finding equivalent fractions and decimals and create a number line to prove answers.
- Journal 8- Solve single and multi-step word problems involving fractions and decimals. Use visual representations to prove answers.
These journals go beyond basic practice as students evaluate common fractions and decimals mistakes and justify their thinking using visual representations. Use in math centers, small groups, or as homework. Great for independent or partner work to facilitate interactive math talk in your classroom. Ready to print! Answer key included! NO PREP!
Save time and money by purchasing this product as part of a BUNDLE!
Math Journals for 4th and 5th Grade Mega BUNDLE
Decimals Math Journal BUNDLE
Fractions and Decimals Math Journal BUNDLE
Fractions Math Journal BUNDLE
Check out View from Fourth's other fraction and decimal math journals:
Adding and Subtracting Fractions Math Journal
Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers Math Journal
Decimal Place Value and Rounding Math Journal