Are you looking for an organized PowerPoint to use to introduce your students to numbers with decimals? If so, this highly interactive 78-slide PowerPoint may be exactly what you are looking for! It includes digits from the THOUSANDTHS column TO THE HUNDRED-MILLIONS column.
There are six main sections in this PowerPoint:
1. Decimals Introduction: 8 SLIDES
2. Decimals and Models: 7 SLIDES
3. Place Value Charts and the Values of Digits: 8 SLIDES
4. Reading Numbers with Decimals: 4 SLIDES
5. Writing the WORD FORM of Numbers with Decimals: 8 SLIDES
(also, writing the standard form when given the word form)
6. Writing the EXPANDED FORM of Numbers with Decimals: 12 SLIDES
(also, writing the standard form when given the expanded form)
*** I also included 4 slides about writing the expanded form with parentheses. If you do not teach this type of expanded form, you can delete these four slides.***
7. Comparing Numbers with Decimals with > or <: 9 SLIDES
6. Ordering Numbers with Decimals from Least to Greatest (& vice versa): 17 SLIDES
This file also contains a PowerPoint companion worksheet. If you would like, you can keep students engaged by having them follow along on the worksheet as you progress through the PowerPoint. Or, a simple white board or blank sheet of paper will do the trick, as well!
The PowerPoint is also fully animated, so that answers do not appear on the screen until the teacher has clicked the mouse.
Also, this PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
Check out the PREVIEW to view several of the PowerPoint slides. (Please remember, though, that the purchased PowerPoint will be animated.)
I also have a regular Place Value PowerPoint (to the hundred-millions) that does not include decimals. If your students would benefit from reviewing regular place value before introducing decimals, feel free to check out this resource by clicking on the link below:
Place Value PowerPoint (without Decimals)
By Deb Hanson 2015