A Holiday-themed workstation for your students or children to practice some of the different plural noun spellings. This workstation practices the following plural spellings:
Want more ending choices? Leave a comment below for requests!
This item is now part of a holiday BUNDLE! Click here
for more savings!
• 4 plural ending sorting mat trees, both in black and ink-saving white
• 4 pages of decorations with singular form of nouns
• 4 pages of decorations with plural forms of nouns
• 4 different types of recording sheet to personalize or differentiate the station
• 1 directions card for student independence, both in black and white.
How to Use:
• Decide which plural ending trees will be availble in your station. Print trees on cardstock and laminate for durability (all trees available on black or ink-saving white).
• Select which kind of recording sheet will be in the station:
• All 4 endings, write the singular and plural
(front and back)
• 2 endings, write the singular and plural
(write on blank before copying)
• All 4 endings, write either singular or plural
(front and back)
• 2 endings, write singular or plural
(Write on blank before copying)
• Print decorations for your trees on cardstock and laminate for durability. “Bubble Cut” around decorations.
• Choose if you want singular or plural words on the decorations (or both!)
How I Use this Station in my Classroom:
There are so many ways you can use this station!
I use the first kind of recording sheet, the one where the student must write both the plural and the singular form of the nouns. I have all four types of plural endings available for students to practice. I have the singular version of the nouns decorations, and only 8 of each kind to fit on the recording sheet. After the student decides which ending tree the word belongs to, they must write the singular noun and the plural form of the noun on the recording sheet.
Other ways you could set up this station:
• Place the plural decorations in the station instead and simply have the students identify which kind of ending each noun has.
• Make both plural and singular available and have students match the singular to the plural
• Use the recording sheets without lines and simply have students list the nouns that belong on each tree
• Use a mixture of the combinations above for differentiation!
The possibilities for personalization and differentiation are endless! Let me know how you use this station when you leave it a review!