Want to introduce students to analyzing primary sources
while investigating the American Revolution
Hoping to find a no-prep
skills practice for the Revolutionary War
This 1-page handout provides text from the 2nd Continental Congress' Declaration of Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms
leading to the American Revolution
followed by guiding questions for students to use in analysis. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the document or its relevance to American History.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
• American Revolution Centers Investigation & Project Assignment Activity
• American Revolution SPRITE Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• American Revolution SPRITE Social Studies Content Organizer
• Analyzing Documents on the American Revolution History Revolutionary War
• Battle of Bunker Hill American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• British Acts Leading to American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• Declaration of Independence American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• The Revolutionary War SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer American
• Thomas Paine's Common Sense American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• Early American Wars Comparison Activity Walking Tour Revolution Civil War 1812
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!