Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This is a set of 6 activities that can be used to help students understand the preamble to the Declaration of Independence. These activities, which are common core aligned, emphasize the development of academic vocabulary and are appropriate for all learners. Perfect for US History classes, United States Government classes, or a unit on the American Revolution. Included in this unit:
* Set of 3 Founding Fathers' Quotations Journal/Reflection pages: Students respond in writing to quotations by Sam Adams and Thomas Jefferson
* 12 Content Vocabulary Word Wall Words
* Declaration of Independence Phrase Puzzle: Perfect for kinesthetic and tactile learners. Great activator or next day review activity!
* Rewriting the Preamble Differentiated Activity: A scaffolded activity that will assist students in rewriting this difficult document that can be used in conjunction with the PowerPoint.
* Preamble Vocabulary PowerPoint: 14 slides with visuals, perfect for ESL/ELL students.
* Set of 16 unique Vocabulary BINGO Cards: can be laminated and reused to review vocabulary in a fun and interactive way.
Many of these items are also sold individually in my store, see below for links.