Declaration of Independence: Task Cards, Answer Form, and Key
is a Social Studies lesson with the objective of helping students understand the historical context of the Declaration of Independence, as well as some important principles within the document.
Missouri Learning Standards ~ Social Studies:
• With assistance, read and analyze the text of the Declaration of Independence to determine important principles that it contains including inalienable rights, government by the consent of the governed, and the redress of grievances.
• Describe the historical context for the drafting of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
• Explain how the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights affected people in the United States prior to c. 1800.
Included in this product:
• Resource Outline (included in preview)
• Cover Card
• 32 Task Cards
• 32 Answer Cards
• Answer Form
• Answer Key
This resource can be used separately or in conjunction with the following:
• Declaration of Independence ~ Quick Pack Lesson
• Declaration of Independence ~ PowerPoint, Booklet, and Vocabulary Check
• Declaration of Independence ~ Lesson Bundle
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator