Students love this writing activity! They finally get to declare their independence from their boss, family, or school! They get to air their grievances and finally move on with their life! Students will have a lot of fun sharing these in class too! You can use this assignment for years to come!
This file includes the following:
* Assignment sheet - explaining all of the requirements
* Brief student sample with intro and a few grievances
* Rubric - detailing how the students will be graded
This is a great activity after you have done your lesson on the Declaration. They will write their declaration using much of the same language and style as the original (but some may choose to use modern lingo as well). It is fun, creative, and engaging for the students!
If you are interested in other Revolutionary War materials, please check these out! Thank you!
* American Revolution Dice Game
* American Revolution Battle Map Project
* U.S. Constitution Bundle
* American Revolution Unit Projects and Activities