Also included in
- This bundle contains four sets of pre-decodable and decodable non-fiction texts for beginning readers (a total of 18 individual stories). All texts contain photos mostly taken by my husband or myself. All decodable texts also contain high-frequency sight words and story words that are systematical$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
- This bundle contains five sets of decodable non-fiction texts for emerging readers and English Learners (a total of 28 individual stories). All texts contain photos mostly taken by my husband or myself, along with high-frequency sight words and story words that are systematically introduced with a$18.00$21.49Save $3.49
This is a series of six printable non-fiction booklets to provide decoding practice to beginning readers, with a controlled vocabulary. While there are other decodable texts available for emerging readers, this series is unique in combining systematic phonics/decodable text with non-fiction topics and photographs. Each title focuses on one short vowel (CVC spellings), with the sixth title as a review. Each booklet can be printed in a single-sided version or two-sided version (instructions are included in the text). Titles include: A Cat, a Bat, and a Rat; A Dog and a Fox; A Hen and Her Eggs; A Hog Is a Big Pig; A Gull and a Duck; and Pups Like Bugs.
Because these booklets contain actual photos, rather than drawings, they can be suitable both for young children and for teens and adults learning to read in English. High-frequency sight words are also systematically introduced through this series.
Most state standards include a focus on reading informational text, even in kindergarten and first grade, but finding materials that are suitable for emerging readers can be challenging. These decodable non-fiction texts are designed to fill this gap.
In addition to the short vowel (CVC) words contained in these 6 books, here are the sight words and story words for each book.
1. a, and, on
2. get, in, the
3. be, her, it, is, when
4. eat, then, with
5. or, that
6. like, to, do
(less common sight words--blue words)
1. fly, hang
3. cluck, lay, lays
4. mud, run
5. wings, crab, fish, drop, clam, feet, plant, pond
Additional series are available here:
2) The Consonant Blends set of 5 books:
3) The Long Vowels with Magic (Silent) e set of 4 books:
4) The Consonant Digraphs set of 6 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Consonant-Digraphs-Books-16-21-5069275
5) The Open Vowels and Vowel Digraphs (Teams) set of 7 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Open-Vowels-and-Vowel-Digraphs-Teams-Books-22-28-5479675