Also included in
- This bundle contains four sets of pre-decodable and decodable non-fiction texts for beginning readers (a total of 18 individual stories). All texts contain photos mostly taken by my husband or myself. All decodable texts also contain high-frequency sight words and story words that are systematical$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
- This bundle contains five sets of decodable non-fiction texts for emerging readers and English Learners (a total of 28 individual stories). All texts contain photos mostly taken by my husband or myself, along with high-frequency sight words and story words that are systematically introduced with a$18.00$21.49Save $3.49
This is a set of five printable non-fiction books to provide decoding practice to emerging readers. While there are other decodable texts available for beginning readers, this series is unique in combining systematic phonics/decodable text with non-fiction topics and photographs. This group follows the first set which focuses on short vowels (Books 1-6: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Short-Vowel-Books-1-6-4503189). Each of the titles in this group focuses on one consonant blend pattern (s- blends, r- blends, l-blends and ending blends), with the fifth title as a review. Each book can be printed in a single-sided version or two-sided version (instructions are included in the text).
Because these books contain actual photos, rather than drawings, they can be suitable both for young children and for teens and adults learning to read in English.
Most state standards include a focus on reading informational text, even in kindergarten and first grade, but finding materials that are suitable for emerging readers can be challenging. These decodable non-fiction texts are designed to fill this gap.
In addition to the consonant blend (CVCC and CCVC) and short vowel (CVC) words contained in these 5 books, here are the sight words and story words for each book.
7. of, for, by, day, look
8. away, cannot, live, see, they, you, we
9. some, come, too, people, good, have
10. little, from, out, go
11. this, down, so, our
(less common sight words)
7. birds, cow, drink, fur, grows, tree
8. years, scared, spray, arms, water, octopus, sea
9. spiders, fruit, climb, keep, claws, breathe
10. animal, shell, break, inside, food
11. Travel, air, hike, river, balloon
Sight words from the previous set can be found here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Short-Vowel-Books-1-6-4503189
Additional series are available here:
1) The Short Vowels set of 6 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Short-Vowel-Books-1-6-4503189
3) The Long Vowels with Magic (Silent) e set of 4 books:
4) The Consonant Digraphs set of 6 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Consonant-Digraphs-Books-16-21-5069275
5) The Open Vowels and Vowel Digraphs (Teams) set of 7 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Open-Vowels-and-Vowel-Digraphs-Teams-Books-22-28-5479675