Also included in
- This bundle contains four sets of pre-decodable and decodable non-fiction texts for beginning readers (a total of 18 individual stories). All texts contain photos mostly taken by my husband or myself. All decodable texts also contain high-frequency sight words and story words that are systematical$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
- This bundle contains five sets of decodable non-fiction texts for emerging readers and English Learners (a total of 28 individual stories). All texts contain photos mostly taken by my husband or myself, along with high-frequency sight words and story words that are systematically introduced with a$18.00$21.49Save $3.49
This is a series of four printable non-fiction books to provide decoding practice to emerging readers. While there are other decodable texts available for beginning readers, this series is unique in combining systematic phonics/decodable text with non-fiction topics and photographs. This set follows the first and second sets which focus on short vowels (Books 1-6: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Short-Vowel-Books-1-6-4503189) and consonant blends (Books 7-11): https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Consonant-Blends-Books-7-11-4517745.
Each of the titles in this set focuses on one long vowel/magic e pattern (a_e, i_e, o_e, u_e). There is no e_e book, because there are very few words with that sound-spelling combination. Each book can be printed in a single-sided version or two-sided version (instructions are included in the text).
Because these books contain actual photos, rather than drawings, they can be suitable both for young children and for teens and adults learning to read in English.
Most state standards include a focus on reading informational text, even in kindergarten and first grade, but finding materials that are suitable for emerging readers can be challenging. These decodable non-fiction texts are designed to fill this gap.
In addition to the long vowel/magic e (CVCe), consonant blend (CVCC and CCVC) and short vowel (CVC) words contained in these 4 books, here are the sight words and story words for each book.
12. are, walk, most, new, put
13. all, over, what, does, know
14. there, ways, far, under
15. no, goes, was, here, pushed
(less common sight words—blue words)
12. tongue, heat, venom, mouth, right, fangs
13. through, hurt, elephant
15. loose, gypsum, desert, mountains, lizards
Sight words from the previous sets can be found here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Short-Vowel-Books-1-6-4503189; https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Consonant-Blends-Books-7-11-4517745
Additional sets are available here:
1) The Short Vowels set of 6 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Short-Vowel-Books-1-6-4503189
2) The Consonant Blends set of 5 books:
4) The Consonant Digraphs set of 6 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Consonant-Digraphs-Books-16-21-5069275
5) The Open Vowels and Vowel Digraphs (Teams) set of 7 books: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Decodable-Non-Fiction-Open-Vowels-and-Vowel-Digraphs-Teams-Books-22-28-5479675
Additional titles, focusing on a full range of phonics skills, will be available in coming months.