Decodable Passages | CVC Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Finally, phonics based reading passages for kindergarten! This bundle is the perfect way to start reading comprehension while building reading fluency with CVC words! These CVC reading comprehension passages and questions are perfect for emergent readers, kindergarteners, intervention, tutoring, andPrice $8.80Original Price $11.00Save $2.20
- This is the ULTIMATE collection of decodable short vowel reading passages. They're perfect for kindergarten and help students build phonics and reading comprehension. These reading passages are designed with NEW decoders and readers in mind. Each set includes ONLY the target skill and sight words inPrice $13.20Original Price $16.50Save $3.30
Build CVC fluency with these decodable reading passages that include comprehension questions! They are perfect for emergent readers, kindergarteners, intervention, tutoring, and more!
For every passage, you will find:
• The skill listed in the left hand corner so it's easy for you and your students to reference.
• 3-6 CVC words for the targeted word family listed with tracking dots underneath so that your students can decode the words in isolation before reading them in context. This can also be used to frontload vocabulary for ELL/ESL students.
• 3-6 sentences per passage so that your students can successfully read a story without feeling overwhelmed.
• The passages use ONLY CVC words and sight words so that your students can successfully decode without confusion!
• Three fluency-building smiley faces at the bottom - Students mark or color a smiley face each time they read.
• Text-based comprehension questions with multiple choice answers so that you can assess whether or not your students are comprehending what they read
The following CVC word families are included. There is one passage per skill for a total of 27 passages. Use a passage each time you teach a new word family so that your students can consistently and explicitly practice their newly learned phonics skills!
**As of October 17, 2022, Digital Google Slides of these passages have been added!**
Are you looking for HARDER reading passages?
Do you need something EASIER so your students can practice blending CVC words?
1 ► Leave me a ❓“question” in my TpT store OR
2 ► Email me Lauren@aTeachableTeacher.com
► Click HERE to follow my store and be notified when new resources are posted.
► Click HERE to join The Teachable Teachers!