Decodable readers are designed to allow students to read every word in a passage. These digraph passages were written with the Orton Gillingham approach in mind and explicitly incorporate only sounds that have been previously taught. Decodable passages are a perfect way to instill confidence in readers as they are able to 'decode' every word in the story.
This resource includes:
- 5 passages that highlight each of the following sounds - ch, sh, th, wh and a review of all 4. All of the words in the stories contain only sounds that have been previously taught making this an excellent resource for young readers, students who struggle with reading or those needing intervention.
- The same stories in a mini reader foldable story book format
- Passages for tracking student's progress and keeping a running record
- An activity page with a words to spell section and cloze reading activity for each sound.
- A teacher resource page which shows all of the known sounds, red flag and target words in the text. It also lists words that can be used in the words to spell section and gives 4 dictation sentences for each passage.
- A visual guide to red flag and target words in the text for each passage.
- An answer sheet for each passage.
If you're looking for related resources, click on the links below.