Also included in
- This bundle of decodable readers will help students master Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade phonics patterns! A lesson plan, decodable book format, decodable passage format, and digital format is included for each decodable text.These materials will help your students:Practice specific ph$77.50$123.79Save $46.29
This bundle of decodable readers for 2nd grade will help your students apply phonics learning and improve their decoding skills! A lesson plan, decodable passage format, and digital-friendly format is included for each decodable text.
These materials will help your students:
- Practice specific phonics skills in context
- Strengthen their decoding skills
- Experience reading SUCCESS!
Here’s what’s included:
- 51 decodable texts
- Combination of fiction and nonfiction topics
- Professional illustrations (not clipart)
- 1 lesson plan per text
- 1 writing prompt per text
- 1-page color passage format for each text
- 1-page B&W passage format for each text
- Digital-friendly option (1-page version of each text in a separate PDF for easy screensharing, using on student devices, or sending to families)
- Mixed CVC words
- Digraphs ch, sh, th, wh, ck, qu*
- Initial blends, 3-letter blends, digraph blends
- Final blends
- Mixed initial and final blends
- Glued sounds with -ng and -nk
- Double final consonants -ff, -ss, -zz, -ll
- Inflectional ending -ed
- Long vowel exceptions with i (-ild, -ind)
- Long vowel exceptions with o (-old, -ost, -olt)
- Long vowel spelling patterns (CVCe and vowel teams)
- Consonant-l-e words
- Prefixes and suffixes
- R-controlled vowels
Frequently Asked Questions:
What scope and sequence or program do these texts follow?
You can use these decodable texts with any phonics program. You can view the skills covered in each book, as well as the sequence of the skills, in the free preview file.
Will these books match my high frequency word instruction?
Your students can be successful reading these decodable readers even if your high frequency word instruction is not a 100% match. Each lesson plan lists out all the high frequency words / irregular words covered in the text, so you can pre-teach any words that students do not already know.
Will this cover all my phonics instruction?
No. These decodable texts are meant to supplement a phonics program, not replace one. You will still need explicit, systematic phonics lessons to teach each sound / pattern. If you need a complete program, check out From Sounds to Spelling (available off TpT).
Are these decodable texts the same ones in your phonics program, From Sounds to Spelling?
No - they are different! They will work nicely with the program if you find yourself needing more decodable texts.
For a set of Kindergarten decodable texts, click HERE!
For a set of 1st grade decodable texts, click HERE!
If you have students at a wide range of levels, check out the K-2 mega-bundle HERE!