Decodable Readers | R-Controlled Vowels AR, ER, OR, IR, UR | First Grade Set 6
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle of decodable readers for 1st grade will help your students apply phonics learning and improve their decoding skills! A lesson plan, decodable book format, decodable passage format, and digital format is included for each decodable text. This resource will help you implement the science oPrice $37.27Original Price $53.24Save $15.97
- This bundle of decodable readers will help students master Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade phonics patterns! A lesson plan, decodable book format, decodable passage format, and digital format is included for each decodable text. These decodable readers will make it easy for you to implemPrice $77.50Original Price $123.79Save $46.29
This set of decodable readers will give your students meaningful, in-context practice decoding words with r-controlled vowels. A lesson plan, decodable book format, decodable passage format, and digital format is included for each decodable text. This resource will help you implement the science of reading!
These decodable readers will help your students:
- Practice decoding words with r-controlled vowels (ar, er, ir, or, ur)
- Develop strong decoding skills
- Learn to recognize high frequency words in context
- Experience reading SUCCESS!
Here’s what’s included:
- 8 decodable texts
- “Easy assembly” color and B&W decodable book format for each text
- 1-page color and B&W decodable passage format for each text
- Professional illustrations (not clipart)
- 1 lesson plan per decodable reader
- 1 writing prompt per text
- Digital-friendly option (1-page version of each decodable text in a separate PDF for easy screensharing, using on student devices, or sending to families)
- R controlled vowels ar, er, ir, or, ur
What scope and sequence or program do these decodable texts follow?
You can use these decodable books with any phonics program. You can view the skills covered in each book, as well as the sequence of the skills, in the free preview file.
Will these decodable books match my high frequency word instruction?
Your students can be successful reading these decodable books even if your high frequency word instruction is not a 100% match. The number of high frequency words or irregular words in each text is limited. Plus, each lesson plan lists out all the high frequency words / irregular words covered in the text, so you can pre-teach any words that students do not already know.
Will this cover all my phonics instruction for r-controlled vowels?
No. These decodable books are meant to supplement a phonics program, not replace one. You will still need explicit, systematic phonics lessons to teach r-controlled vowels. If you need a complete program, check out From Sounds to Spelling (available off TpT).
Are these decodable books the same ones in your phonics program, From Sounds to Spelling?
No - they are different! They will work nicely with the program if you find yourself needing more decodable readers for r-controlled vowels.
For the complete bundle of 1st grade decodable texts, click HERE!
If you have students at a wide range of levels, check out the K-2 mega-bundle HERE!