Also included in
- This is the bundle product for the Pink, Orange and Yellow Sets of decodables. This introductory bundle price is 20% cheaper than buying each set individually at $40 per set. This bundle includes all 60 decodables covering 60 phonics skills in a simple to complex scope and sequence order, and that S$96.00$120.00Save $24.00
Are you struggling to find high-quality Decodable Readers for your students at an affordable price? This product is a set of 20 decodable books aligned to the Scope & Phonics Sequence I created for 100% alignment to the phonics skills taught in order.
Phonics skills included in this set include: consonant blends, consonant digraphs & trigraphs, double final consonants, long vowels with magic e, y as a vowel, soft c, soft g, consonant blends with silent letters, -mb, -wr, -gn, -kn, rh-, and inflectional endings
-ng, -nk, -es, -ies, -ed, -ier, est.
These decodable books are best used in a systematic, sequential, structured small group for phonics instruction. See my PD on how to teach this way at www.helloliteracy.com/courses The PD is coming up at the end of the month and again at the end of January.
Since Guided Phonics, or Guided Literacy (not Guided Reading) is based on grouping students according to their phonics skills (not their reading level) I have created a Quick Placement Assessment (included in this product) so you can easily know where (which books) to begin instruction with each of your students.
This product includes:
- 20 Decodable Books (10 pages per black/white book, see preview of one book)
- 1 3-minute video on how to assemble a book
- 1 Quick Placement Assessment & Directions for Administration & Scoring
- 1 Guided Phonics Decodables Scope & Sequence
- 1 Detailed Scope & Sequence: Target Skill per Book (see preview)
- 1 Detailed Scope & Sequence: Heart Words per Book (see preview)
- 5 Heart Word Mapping Sheets
- 1 Binder Cover
Each Decodable Reader includes:
- the target phonics skill
- words with the new & past phonics skills taught
- high interest story in a book format
- black & white for low cost printing/copying
- HFW review
- comprehension questions
- I Can Read! Sentences review page
- Background Building Vocabulary List
- Take Away Sheet for independent R/W response (take away as in take to your seat, take to a station, take and put in your book bin, or take home for practice)
This resource is part 1 of an epic six part project, probably my largest and most significant project to date (besides the creation of my own children!) Here are the parts, the estimation of when they are coming out, and the prices. See Product Preview for phonics skills targeted in the pink (part 1), orange(part 2) and yellow (part 3) sets.
Part 4: Pink Set Book Lesson Plans
Part 5: Orange Set Lesson Plans (releasing end of May)
Part 6: Yellow Set Lesson Plans (releasing end of July)
PLEASE NOTE: Guided Phonics IS NOT THE SAME as Guided Reading. Students in Guided Phonics groups are grouped based on phonics skills, not reading levels. I created the Quick Placement Assessment (included in this product) so you can easily know which Decodable Book to begin Guided Phonics instruction with each of your students.
If you have questions, please leave them in the Q&A for this product and I'll be sure to answer them.
Thank you so much for considering this purchase, designed with the Science of Reading, and how the brain learns to read, in mind.
While this product is marked as best for K, 1st & 2nd, this product is best for any students, regardless of their grade, reading in the K-2 range.
This product is a one teacher/one class set license. If you are purchasing this for 5 teachers to use, please buy 5 at checkout.
If you are interested in a site or district license for the Guided Phonics Decodables & Lessons, please email email@example.com with the number of users and we’ll provide you a quote.
Jen Jones, Hello Literacy
Follow me on social media so you know when the parts are released.
IG: @hellojenjones @helloliteracy
©2021, Jen Jones, Hello Literacy® Inc. - Phonics Decodable Books 21-40 . Orange Set for Guided Literacy, Science of Reading - for single classroom use, please purchase multiple licenses at check-out for whole-grade or school-wide use, for example if 10 teachers will use it, buy 1 and add 9 additional licenses. It is a violation of TpT and the Digital Millennium Act to sell or share this product, electronically, physically, on a server with or without a firewall, without purchasing additionally licenses.
Copyright © Hello Literacy, Inc.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.