Decoding Detectives is a Ready-to-Go Weekly Vocabulary Program that I developed with the Common Core State Standards in mind. It helps Student “Detectives” unlock and decode the meaning of Greek and Latin Roots.
This is a BUNDLE of Units 1-5 Students can unlock the meaning of 25 Roots (and their cognates) in 5 Weeks!
**If you are interested in individual units, please check out my product page!
The activities lend well to a quick weekly study of the five roots and words with those roots (cognates). Engaging activities allow for repeated practice and application of the roots and associated words.
Use the root/word studies as morning work or even a Literacy Center Station. Materials are very good for individual and cooperative work, as well as homework activities. Use them HOWEVER you see fit!
Included with THESE 5 UNITS:
• List of the 25Roots and Their Definitions
• A TOTAL OF 75 Cognates (words with the root within) with Definitions
• Foldable Templates to Make and Take for EACH unit
• Matching Activity for EACH unit
• CLOZE Paragraphs/Sentences that allow application of 5 root words (cognates) in a sentence using Context Clues for EACH unit
• Choice Menu to use with ALL UNITS
• Unit Quiz for EACH unit
• Answer Sheet for EACH unit
INCLUDED is HOW I use these in MY CLASSROOM!