Decoding Detectives is a Ready-to-Go Weekly Vocabulary Program that I developed with the Common Core State Standards in mind. It helps Student “Detectives” unlock and decode the meaning of Greek and Latin Roots.
This is UNIT 4!
The activities lend well to a quick weekly study of the five roots and words with those roots (cognates). Engaging activities allow for repeated practice and application of the roots and associated words.
Use the root/word studies as morning work or even a Literacy Center Station. Materials are very good for individual and cooperative work, as well as homework activities. Use them HOWEVER you see fit!
Included with EACH 14 page GREEK or LATIN Unit:
• List of the GREEK AND LATIN Roots and Their Definitions
• 15 Cognates (words with the root within) with Definitions
• Common Core State Standards that are met
• Foldable to Make and Take
• Matching Activity
• CLOZE Story that allow application of root words
(cognates) in a sentence using Context Clues
• Root Choice Menu with 6 activities
• Unit Quiz
• Answer Sheet
Included are ideas and HOW I USE my "Decoding Detectives Program" in MY Classroom!