Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These decoding multisyllabic words activities and multisyllabic words passages bundle use 5 hip-hop/pop songs written as reading comprehension passages to make learning about syllables fun for students. With a diverse mix of interesting reading passages and songs about topics such as the Black Panther comic book, the History of Hip Hop and rap, and a biography about female scientist Marie Curie, students are sure to have fun using these syllable counting worksheets.
The combined value of this bundle is $5.00 but is discounted at $4.00.
Songs for topics covered in this decoding multisyllabic words bundle:
The activities in this bundle include:
- the song lyrics
- a brief lesson on syllables and tips on how to count them in words
- 12 "How many syllables?" activity questions where students will listen to and read the song lyrics to determine how many syllables are in specific words from each song
- 12 "Syllable hunt!" activity questions where students will read through the song lyrics, finding words that have 1, 2, 3, and 4 syllables and write them in the corresponding columns
- 12 "Divide the syllables" activity tasks where students will separate words that they have found into their syllabic parts
- a "Syllables on Beast Mode!" challenge activity where students will find a rare 5 syllable word in the song lyrics and write it correctly separated into its syllabic parts.
How to use these activities:
- Read through the "What are syllables?" explanation with students. Answer any questions that they may have.
- Review the steps in "Tip 1" and "Tip 2" for identifying syllables. Give students additional examples for using the 2 tips as needed.
- Have students complete the "How many syllables?" activity while listening to and reading along with the song lyrics. Review with students once they have had sufficient time to answer.
- Have students complete the remaining activities above. Review and provide examples for students as necessary. Refer students to the syllable explanations and tips on page 1 for help.
You may also like:
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.