Also included in
- Are you looking for engaging, decoding multisyllabic words passages and activities for your students?Rap songs are the solution!Based on pop-culture and history rap songs, these activities will keep your students' attention using song lyrics while they practice syllable skills! Easily incorporate th$18.50$29.00Save $10.50
Are you looking for engaging, decoding multisyllabic words passages and activities for your students?
Rap songs are the solution!
Based on pop-culture and history rap songs, these activities will Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson.
Students will listen to the songs then use the song lyrics as reading passages to complete the activities detailed below.
These activities are:
- no prep,
- super simple and easy to use,
- with high-interest reading passages based on rap songs!
Listen to the songs with subtitles using the links below! (Click here if you have trouble viewing the videos.)
A variety of syllable activities!
This bundle includes everything listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song for use as a reading passage
- a brief lesson on syllables and tips on how to count them in words
- 14 "" activity questions where students will listen to and read the song lyrics to determine how many syllables are in specific words from each song
- 12 "" activity questions where students will read through the song lyrics, finding words that have 1, 2, 3, and 4 syllables and write them in the corresponding columns
- 12 "" activity tasks where students will separate words that they have found into their syllabic parts
- a "" challenge activity where students will find a rare 5 syllable word in the song lyrics and write it correctly separated into its syllabic parts.
How to use these activities:
- Read through the "What are syllables?" explanation with students. Answer any questions that they may have.
- Review the steps in "Tip 1" and "Tip 2" for identifying syllables. Give students additional examples for using the 2 tips as needed.
- Have students complete the "How many syllables?" activity while listening to and reading along with the song lyrics. Review with students once they have had sufficient time to answer.
- Have students complete the remaining activities above. Review and provide examples for students as necessary. Refer students to the syllable explanations and tips on page 1 for help.
This bundle also includes extension activities that use dance, music, and voice acting to give students a unique and engaging way to practice multisyllabic skills.
These extension activities include:
- instructions for implementing each Drum It, Dance It, and Voice It syllable activity.
- anchors charts for the Dance It and Voice It syllable activities.
- free, clean, school-appropriate rap songs for students to dance to.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with syllable activities!
*Update: song lyrics have been modified with larger font and more space between each line of text for easier reading. 02/04/2019
*Leave a review if you enjoyed these activities.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2021 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com