Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you looking for an engaging way for your students to practice decoding multisyllabic words with worksheets and passages? You've found it!
Based on history rap songs, these activities will while they practice syllable skills. Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson. The songs for these activities are written as reading passages to make learning about syllables engaging for students with a variety of fun topics and and challenging activities.
A mix of fun topics that kids will love!
These passages and songs cover:
Teach reading skills to your students in a way that they will enjoy!
Kids love music and will certainly enjoy completing these syllable activities using the words from these songs. These activities also feature simple explanations of what syllables are to guide students' comprehension.
A variety of syllable activities!
This bundle includes everything listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song
- a brief lesson on syllables and tips on how to count them in words
- 14 "How many syllables?" activity questions where students will listen to and read the song lyrics to determine how many syllables are in specific words from each song
- 12 "Syllable hunt!" activity questions where students will read through the song lyrics, finding words that have 1, 2, 3, and 4 syllables and write them in the corresponding columns
- 12 "Divide the syllables" activity tasks where students will separate words that they have found into their syllabic parts
- a "Syllables on Beast Mode!" challenge activity where students will find a rare 5 syllable word in the song lyrics and write it correctly separated into its syllabic parts.
- Read through the "What are syllables?" explanation with students. Answer any questions that they may have.
- Review the steps in "Tip 1" and "Tip 2" for identifying syllables. Give students additional examples for using the 2 tips as needed.
- Have students complete the "How many syllables?" activity while listening to and reading along with the song lyrics. Review with students once they have had sufficient time to answer.
- Have students complete the remaining activities above. Review and provide examples for students as necessary. Refer students to the syllable explanations and tips on page 1 for help.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with syllable activities!
*Song lyrics have been modified with larger font and more space between each line of text for easier reading. 02/04/2019
*Please note that these decoding multisyllabic words activities are NOT phonics based but are supplemental activities for your classroom instruction that provide engaging, syllable skills practice for students using fun reading passages.
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com