"Super Silent e" Decoding Assessment
Give struggling or fledgling readers this decoding pretest/posttest.
Quickly and easily assess strengths and deficits in phonics decoding ability.
Can be administered to individuals, small groups or whole-class groups.
One of a series of phonics decoding pre/post assessments.
1. Cover Page
2. Contents and Directions Page
3. Decoding Pretest – Teacher Page (includes teacher’s dictation directions)
4. Decoding Pretest - Students’ page (without teacher’s dictation section)
5. Decoding Pretest - Answer Sheet Form A
(correct answers bolded in place)
6. Decoding Pretest - Answer Sheet Form B
(list of correct answers)
7. Decoding Pretest - Record Sheet for up to 30 students
Directions for Giving Decoding Pretest:
Administer assessment to:
individuals, small groups or whole class of students.
Notes to test administrator:
· Tell students the SOUND to look for in each line
· (Do NOT read the word choices.)
· Students circle the word that best matches the sound they hear.
· Inform students that all of the word choices are “made-up” words.
· May be scored as a whole and/or by section.
· Answer Keys are provided in two forms:
o Teacher’s Copy with answers bolded in place
o The answers in list form
Eyes in the Back of Our Hearts Laura Hurley c 2013 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Laura-Hurley
Thanks to Karen at KB Konnected for the awesome glossy polka dot letters and wonderful curly/striped background!
Find these—and more- @ http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kb-Konnected