Easter is coming soon! Get your eggs and baskets ready with “Decorating Easter Eggs.” This interactive ActivInspire flipchart begins with two children who want to fill their baskets with colorful eggs but…uh-oh! The eggs are white! Your little ones will follow an egg-dying sequence and use interactive features to go through the process. This story is perfect for children with cognitive delays, autism, developmental delays and speech-language delays as it provides visuals and thirteen interactive pages. Keep your students interested and attentive as they turn white eggs into pink, yellow and blue eggs. An additional activity provides the students the opportunity to follow the simple core word direction “Put in…” as they fill the Easter basket with the newly-colored Easter eggs. Realistic illustrations and visual sentence strips throughout the story aid in comprehension of the text. Your students will increase their receptive and expressive vocabulary including core words and practice following directions in a sequence. After the story, your students answer the question, “Did you like ‘Decorating Easter Eggs?’” They decide by clicking and dragging a happy face or sad face to the corresponding column. This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in small- and whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements (ex. “I can use/understand vocabulary, use/understand core words: get, put, in, take, out, on, and follow directions in a sequence
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• an interactive, visual dictionary which demonstrates the meanings of the core words
• sound effect for kitchen timer as the children “wait” and other interactive features on 13 pages to keep them engaged.
• interactive story that demonstrates the meaning of new vocabulary and sentences.
• visual sentence strips to aid in reading comprehension
• “put in” activity to fill the Easter basket with the Easter eggs.
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”)
• lesson closure page
Please come back to our store as we continue to add more flipchart activities!
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
***The FREE personal edition of ActivInspire can be downloaded from Promethean World***