Many children are not introduced to nursery rhymes, which are perfect to teach the concept of beat and rhythm. Achieve both targets at once with this rhythm and melody activity pack, with lesson plans for both first and second grades. Incorporate Orff approaches with the vocal exploration and use of instruments. Kodály process in these lessons include preparing/practicing rhythm and so-mi-la composing. See the preview for more.
The packet includes:
- a teachers’ guide
- a Power Point, PDF, AND a link to Google slides so you can utilize your most accessible medium.
- a link to a recording through Spotify
- a written assessment for the first grade
- Easel option for the assessment
Coming soon.....expanded lessons for grades 2-3 and 4-5 based on Deedle Deedle.
If you like this, consider some of my other activities for K-2:
• Rhythmic Ingredients with Hot Cross Buns, Level 1: Boom Cards