Students will learn about the characteristics and basic needs of living organisms.
- classify things as living or non-living, describing the difference
- describe the characteristics of a living organism
- identify the four basic needs of a living organism and describe how these needs are met
- chose a living organism, identify its basic needs and describe how they are met
- recognize ways that humans are interfering with the natural world
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.