Defining Your Values helps students develop an understanding of the meaning and importance of values as they apply to life and work situations.
After completing this lesson students should be able to:
• Define the meaning and importance of values.
• Explain the relationship between values and decision making.
• Understand that values can change.
• Analyse your own values and those of people who are important to you.
• Realize how values apply to life and work situations.
Defining Your Values contains the following activities:
• Activity 1 - Where Are Values Learned?
• Activity 2 - Preferred Options
• Activity 3 - Value Statements
• Activity 4 - Values Chart
• Lesson Summary Activity
• Reflective Journal Activity