This interesting and engaging lesson enables students to understand what determiners are, categorise different types of determiners accurately, and use a wide range of appropriate determiners in their writing. In particular, students become familiar with the importance of determiners in a wide range of writing types, whilst learning through fun and interactive tasks:
Over the course of the lesson, they learn to:
- Define and exemplify determiners;
- Understand and categorise the different types of determiners;
- Analyse the effect of different types of determiners;
- Use a wide-range of accurate determiners in writing about interesting topics;
- Peer and self assess the use of determiners in writing.
The resources include:
-Visually engaging whole-lesson/s PowerPoint (around 26 slides)
-A colourful and helpful 'Delightful Determiners' Writing Mat;
-'The Effect of Determiners' worksheet and teacher's answer sheet;
-Noun cards to assist with the main task
-A model example;
-Step-by-step lesson plan.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final page of the slide.