Democracy – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: A PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (For example - After matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (jury, patriotism, rule of law, and justice).
• Thomas Jefferson and (“life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”).
• Responsibilities, voting, and being a juror.
• Citizens making change and volunteering.
• 5 ways to show patriotism.
• Americans (melting pot), rule of law, justice, and equality.
The last 2 slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity 1 has students identify democracy terminology through a matching activity. The vocabulary includes (Thomas Jefferson, jury, life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, voting, volunteer, rule of law, justice, and patriotism).
• Activity 2 has explaining how 5 pictures demonstrate patriotism and why they are important (short writing activity – sentence or two for each).