This is a free download to accompany the PPT titled, "Democrats and Republicans: An overview".
The PowerPoint is highly visual and allows students to investigate the differences in the two major political parties in our country. follow along with the slides as they complete this worksheet. Can be easily modified for various grade levels.
On the PPT, there is information and graphics to discuss:
1) platforms of both democrats and republicans,
2) a left-to-right historical political spectrum (anarchism, communism, socialism, liberalism, conservatism, monarchism, nazism, fascism)
3) a left-to-right modern U.S. political spectrum (green party, constitutional party, democratic party, republican party, etc.)
4) a visual break-down of the various political parties in the presidency
5) a visual representation of the top-ten list of most popular presidents (based on c-span poll)
6) a breakdown of voter demographics in the recent presidential election (gender, race, age, income, religion)
7) a worksheet for students to fill out along the way