Teaching about dendrochronology, climate change, or proxy records? Tree cores and cookies hold clues to Earth's past. In this mini-unit, students will learn how to analyze tree cookies and cores and make inferences.
- 21 slide powerpoint introducing students to dendrochronology and how to read tree cookies and cores
- 13 page PDF that includes:
- Teacher directions on how to preserve tree cookies and make simulated tree cores (Materials needed: Tree cookies, clear straws, and play-doh. If you don't have access to tree cookies, a picture has been provided)
- Background articles for students on how to read tree cookies and cores
- Lab worksheets- one for tree cookies, and another for tree cores
- Answer keys
You might also be interested in:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the green "follow me" next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Don't forget to leave feedback to earn TpT credits that can be used for future purchases!
♻️ Check out my blog
♻️ Follow me on facebook
♻️ Follow me on instagram
♻️ Follow me on pinterest