(NATIONALISM, COMMUNISM, & CONFLICT IN ASIA UNIT: Lesson #2 out of 3)
13 slide printable Power point presentation on Modern China from the 1980's to present that covers:
- The economic changes instituted by Deng Xiaoping and other C.C.P. reformers that occurred as the Cultural Revolution and reign of Mao were coming to an end in the late 1970's and early 1980's
- The continuing denial of political rights and freedoms with a special emphasis on the Tiananmen Square Protests and subsequent massacre
- Brief review of the successes of the Chinese economy since instituting free market policies in the 80's and 90's
- Rundown of some of the major challenges facing the Chinese nation in the 21st Century
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- A colorful title page map depicting the major nations of Asia
- Photo's, maps, & political cartoons to foster a deeper understanding of important socio-economic changes in China since the 1980's and important events that have shaped the modern Chinese nation
- 3 "Check for Understanding" slides utilizing past regents exam questions
- 2 long answer (paragraph form) questions focused on the past economic successes and future challenges facing modern-day China
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***Intended for use in Global History classrooms in preparation for the New York State Global Regents & Geography Exam***