This is a science lesson plan on the concept of density. It includes two worksheets to go along with the story "A Bad Case of Stripes" by David Shannon.
I regularly use my Science and Literature Connections with my students. In my classroom, I start by reading the story to my class. Then we perform the science experiment. After completing the science experiment, we complete the reading comprehension activities. I hope your students like this as much as mine do.
If you like this one, be sure to check out my other Science and Literature Connections:
Cartesian Divers: A Science and Literature Connection
Included in this resource:
1. The science lesson plan for building a density column.
The lesson plan includes teacher prep, a materials list, and step by step directions with photographs.
2. An explanation of the science behind the experiment
3. Three pages of lab sheets for students to record their results
4. A comprehension worksheet for the book "A Bad Case of Stripes" by David Shannon
5. A creative writing response worksheet for the literature selection
6. An answer key for the comprehension questions