Also included in
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This is a collection of labs and science experiments for chemical reactions and density. Enjoy this collection here at a 20% discount. Students will enjoy these hands-on colorful and engaging science experiments.This resource includes Hands-on lessons, Close Reading Passages, Interactive Notebook F$30.12$37.65Save $7.53
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$73.32$91.65Save $18.33
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are in$67.84$84.80Save $16.96
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
- Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand, Physical Science: Students will learn about heat transfer, chemical reactions, particle motion, and density in this physical science bundle. This resource covers all of the 6.2 standards for Utah SEEd. Purchase here and save 20% on the individual resources.Included in this bun$45.92$57.40Save $11.48
Students learn about density by making a density column! Students will be able to see that density is a property of matter. This resource includes a really fun, hands-on lesson, a close reading activity with a nonfiction passage, Interactive Notebook flaps and folds and response pages.
This lesson is aligned with NGSS for 5th grade and Middle School:
Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
Utah SEEd Standard 5.2.1 Develop and use a model to describe that matter is made of particles on a scale that is too small to be seen.
MS-PS1-1. Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules
and extended structures.
Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
And the Utah SEEd 6.2 Density describes how closely matter is packed together. Substances with a higher density have more matter in a given space than substances with a lower density. Changes in heat energy can alter the density of a material.
The reading activity is aligned with CCSS for 5th and 6th grade Reading Informational Text.
Science and Engineering Practices Used by The Students Include:
1. Asking questions
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Constructing explanations
6. Engaging in argument from evidence
7. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
This resource is also available in the following bundles that will save you 20%!
Please view some of my other great science resources:
Please remember to leave feedback. Feedback earns you TPT credit that you can use for future purchases.