Density Integrated Science, Math and ELA Lessons NGSS Aligned.
Also included in
- This is a collection of labs and science experiments for chemical reactions and density. Enjoy this collection here at a 20% discount. Students will enjoy these hands-on colorful and engaging science experiments. This unit includes chemical reactions and density experiments.This resource includes HPrice $31.32Original Price $39.30Save $7.98
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth-grade NGSS. Save 20% by purchasing this bundle. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Get resources for science by someone that really understands the NexPrice $90.16Original Price $116.14Save $25.98
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who undePrice $128.31Original Price $160.39Save $32.08
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use phPrice $107.24Original Price $136.04Save $28.80
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who reallyPrice $76.64Original Price $95.80Save $19.16
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding! If you teach 5th grade in anPrice $71.16Original Price $92.30Save $21.14
Density is an interesting property of matter. This unit starts with phenomena. This resource integrates three subjects into two great lessons on density. The integrated math, ELA, and science lessons on density will help your students understand this concept. Students will learn about density in solids and how to calculate the volume of a rectangular solid.
This Density Unit Includes:
•Step By Step Directions
•Two Lesson plans
•Follow up pages
•Interactive notebook inserts
Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
Utah SEEd 5.2.1 Develop and use a model to describe that matter is made of particles on a scale that is too small to be seen.
And the Utah SEEd 6.2 Density describes how closely matter is packed together. Substances with a higher density have more matter in a given space than substances with a lower density. Changes in heat energy can alter the density of a material.
Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths by packing it with unit cubes of the appropriate unit fraction edge lengths, and show that the volume is the same as would be found by multiplying the edge lengths of the prism.
This resource contains two hands-on lessons. One explores density in liquids and one explores density in solids. Students will practice reading skills for reading informational text including answering text dependent questions after the read the nonfiction article provided.
Students will used measurement and formulas to find the volume, mass and density of solid objects.
Interactive notebook flaps are included.
NGSS Science and Engineering Practices used in These Lessons:
1. Asking questions
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
This resource is also available in the following bundles that will save you 20%!
Please view my other science resources: