This activity is a great way to turn boring density, mass, and volume problem worksheets into a cooperative learning activity. Students will be required to work in groups of four in order to find the correct answer.
1. Place students in groups of 4
2. Put a placemat in the center of the group and have each student work out their problem
3. After all students have solved their problem, all four numbers will be added together and the sum entered in the center
4. The teacher will check the sum if the number is correct, move on to the next problem
5. If the number is incorrect the placemat will be roated and students will evaluate the work of their classmate to see if and where an error occured.
I suggest printing on cardstock and laminating for durability.