- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This density activities bundle includes printable and digital activities to use with your students as you introduce and review density, mass, and volume. Students will learn and understand each term, use the density triangle to solve for each, and know measurements of when objects will sink and floaPrice $7.40Original Price $9.25Save $1.85
Teach students about the challenging topic of density by incorporating this teacher presentation, student note activity, and reading into your density, mass, and volume unit. First, introduce density through the teacher presentation as student copy down the fill-in notes. Next, students will further their understanding of density by reading the print or digital activity to understand density and how to utilize the mathematical formula to find it. This activity will help students better understand density, how it can change, and how to solve it using mass and volume.
Students will learn the following:
- What density is
- Factors that influence density, such as temperature, pressure, and state of matter
- How to calculate the density, mass, or volume of an object
This density activity includes:
- Sneak Peek into My Classroom: Ideas and tips for using this activity in your classroom
- 13 Google Slide teacher presentation to:
- introduce and define density,
- identify factors that may or may not influence density, such as size, shape, temperature, pressure, and state of matter
- discuss units associated with density
- learn the mathematical equation to solve for density
- 4 page printable worksheets to further reinforce learning about density
- Digital links to the 15 Google Slide lesson that can easily be distributed to Google Classroom or Schoology
- Answer key
How to use these density activities in your classroom:
- Introduce density to your students
- Increase engagement during your teacher presentation by using the student fill-in notes
- Independent practice
- Sub plans
- Homework assignment
- Review for an upcoming assessment
- Reinforcement for struggling students
Feedback from teachers:
- This is a great digital resource. Perfect for using in the classroom, whether in seat or remote. Density is a fun concept to teach, and this resource was great to better help my students understand. Thank you!
- My students and I worked through some pages together; then, they worked in groups on the other pages. Great lesson!
- So much help for our density unit. Thanks!
- Great resource, thanks! I had my students complete this after I shared a density lab and lesson.
Other DENSITY lessons to support your unit:
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate to email me at Teaching Muse Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). They are intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.