What’s included in this unit:
1. Teeth chart- You will need to print and laminate the big pieces for a whole class chart. The class will record words to describe teeth under the titles ‘are, look, and have’. I have also included a recording sheet so that students can generate their own responses or record the responses of the class.
2. Food sort- Students will sort the food pictures provided into categories based on whether or not that food item is good or bad for your teeth. I have also provided a recording sheet for this activity.
3. Vocabulary words- There are 14 different vocabulary words related to dental health. All words also have a picture. You could use these whole group when discussing teeth and dental health or post them for writing activities.
4. Say what- There are 7 writing prompts that are excellent sentence starters for your students to write about. These nicely accommodate any dental health craft or stand alone as great practice for writing.
5. What’s the word- This is the sight word game ‘pick, say, keep’. Students will pick a card, say the sight word and keep the card if they are correct. I have included the Scott Foresman Kindergarten sight words as well as the first 100 Fry words.
6. Letter match up- Students will match the upper and lower case letters.
7. Beginning letter- Students will look at the picture and write the beginning letter for that picture. Once they write the correct letter, the entire word will be spelled.
8. Medial sound- Students will pick a picture card. They will say the word and choose the medial sound. They will then place that card on the correct medial letter on the letter mat! I have also provided a recording sheet for the students to write out the entire CVC word.
I hope you enjoy this unit!!
****Please note: The bundled unit Dental Health Math and Literacy Unit can be found here::