Study dental health while incorporating STEM, writing prompts, class books, center activities, math, and more with this unit all about The Tooth Fairy and El Ráton Pérez! This unit is especially perfect for classrooms with ESL learners.
Have you heard of this famous mouse? The legend is that El Ráton Pérez is the little mouse that takes the teeth from under the pillow in Latin America and most European countries. The class book included will explain to students how in America we have a tooth fairy, while in other places El Ráton Pérez collects the teeth. There is also a letter explanation for parents so they will be prepared to play along if they wish.
This resource provides the perfect way to work on early writing skills, complete a STEM project, work on differentiated writing prompts, counting skills, and so much more.
You will find the following:
- Photo Instructions from my classroom
- The Tooth Fairy & El Ráton Pérez Class Book in color or black & white to introduce STEM activity
- El Ráton Pérez's Mouse Door project - Differentiated & in color or B & W - planning and reflection pages, plus mouse & door for project
- Individual Paper Books for students to complete & take home - Work on reading comprehension skills
- Missing Teeth Reports Class Book in color or B & W - Students take this book home & fill out one page when they lose a tooth. They LOVE this book!
- Missing Tooth Bag Labels - 9 Labels in color or B & W to place in a snack size plastic bag with a child's tooth that came out during school
- Tooth Fairy Class Book - Students write and draw a detailed picture. (We love to staple this book and place it in our class library!)
- El Ráton Pérez Class Book
- Tooth Fairy & El Raton Pérez Research & Comparison Writing Activity
- Tooth Fairy Assistant Application
- El Raton Pérez Assistant Application
- Necklace Teeth to wear if students are chosen as an assistant - (I have my girls fill out the Tooth Fairy Application & the boys fill out El Raton Pérez's Application. The girls wear tutus and glitter and the boys dress up with the mouse headband. I also draw whiskers and a nose on each boy's face. All students wear a tooth necklace to show who's assistant they are.)
- Mouse Headband Craft
- I Lost a Tooth Photo Prop - Snap a quick picture to send home to parents with the child's name & date
- El Raton Pérez Page Topper to hold writing assignments
- Large Tooth Fairy to display with writing assignments
- Differentiated Writing Prompts with or without dotted lines
- Describe the Drawing Writing (with or without dotted lines) - Students color the picture & describe what is happening in the picture
- Page Topper Craft in color or black and white - El Ráton Pérez holding any of the writing assignments
- Brush Your Teeth Counting - Adorable activity where students flip over a dentist card & brush the tooth that number of times
- Toothbrush Painting - Activity for students to use toothbrushes to "brush" a tooth or mouth with paint
- Mouse Feelings Memory Game for centers - Students use word wall cards to match the mouse to a feeling
Be sure to check out the thumbnails and preview to get an up-close look at the beautiful format and engaging activities included
Try these other fun & educational resources!
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!