Are you looking for a resource to help you teach or review dependent and independent clauses, or perhaps you need to teach the difficult concept of complex sentences? If so, then this resource is for you.
Use this PowerPoint to introduce or review dependent and independent clauses. Students will define and identify dependent and independent clauses.
This is a perfect way to introduce and prepare students for complex sentences. I use this PowerPoint lesson with whole group instruction. When introducing the content, I simply display the PowerPoint for the entire class using my overhead projector, and I teach this concept going through the PowerPoint slides. I'm always amazed at how well students grasp this difficult language arts skill.
Included in this lesson:
- One PowerPoint Mini-Lesson
- 30+ Slides
- Introduction to dependent and independent clauses with examples
- Practice identifying dependent and independent clauses
Your students will enjoy the bright and colorful graphics.
Note: This is not a Google Slides resource. It is in PowerPoint format.
- Use when introducing or reviewing independent and dependent clauses: whole group instruction.
- Use as an introduction to complex sentences.
- Assign to students independently for extra review.
- Use as extra reinforcement at centers or stations.
Don't forget my other Independent and Dependent Clauses Resources :
- This is a perfect companion to the PowerPoint
- Students will love practicing with the fun coloring and puzzle pages
- Click the link above!