Depth and Complexity posters are tools used to facilitate higher levels of thinking. The icons are used to help students focus on specific thinking skills.
This bundle has 11 posters (11 x 8 ½ ) in full color. I’ve included both jpegs and pdfs of the posters. There is also a page of black and white icons to use on student worksheets.
Incorporating depth and complexity is essential in 21st century learning. Students learn to think like the experts. Here are some examples to consider:
Let’s consider making ice cream … invite students to …
• discuss the ethical issues in health safety and the manufacturing of ice cream is relevant
• look at the trends comparing frozen yogurt and ice cream could make for an interesting business lesson
• examine the rules for making ice cream is an interesting science lesson and a tasty one!
• study the details between ice cream, gelato, and soft serve develops understanding
Now consider applications in math … invite students to …
• discuss the big ideas in the study of functions
• identify the patterns in transformations of functions
• examine the details in using functions in problem solving
• compare viewpoints in how to tackle various problems
• use precise language in identifying key features of functions
Important Information for Customers:
BE IN THE KNOW: Discounts, freebies, and product launches
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. I send out announcements usually during the first week of each month.
Buy SMART! TpT Credits
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may redeem on future purchases.
I value your feedback! Let me know other products that I might create for you! I use your feedback to spark ideas for new creations and to make improvements on existing work.
Connect with me!