These trackers allow students to track their growth and progress for all of the Descartes strands, substrands, and skills in math for their RIT range. This is a great way for them to self-monitor their progress and allows me to see what skills students need additional support with. Once we cover a specific skill in small group and the student (or group) masters that skill, they shade in, put a check or a sticker in the box titled "Mastered."
There are two sections to this. The first section is separated by strands for each of the RIT ranges. This makes it easier to create unique, differentiated packets for students scoring in multiple Goal Strands. (For instance, you could have a student that scores a 167 in Measurement & Data, and you could print out the 161-170 pages in M & D for them, but they may have scored a 183 in Geometry, so you could print out the 181-190 pages for Geometry.)
The second section has all the strands for each range together, rather than separated.
The third section is specifically for Math 6+ Common Core for ranges from 181 to 240.
All Descartes strands, substrands, and skills in math are included for the following RIT Ranges:
NWEA MAP Math Primary Common Core:
NWEA MAP Math 2-5 Common Core:
NWEA MAP Math 6+ Common Core:
The following Strands and Subtrands are covered (all skills included and taken directly from the Descartes Learning Continuum):
Operations & Algebraic Thinking:
- Represent and solve problems
- Analyze patterns and relationships
Numbers & Operations
- Base Ten
- Understand Place Value, Counting, and Cardinality
Measurement & Data
- Geometric Measurement and Problem Solving
- Represent and Interpret Data
- Reason with Shapes, Attributes, and Coordinate Planes
Note that for the "primary" RIT ranges, some substrands are grouped together for Descartes.
For Math 6+, the following Strands and Substrands are included:
Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- Expressions and Equations
- Use Functions to Model Relationships
The Real & Complex Number System
- Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Perform Operations
- Extend and Use Properties
- Geometric Measurement and Relationships
- Congruence, Similarity, Right Triangles, & Trig
Statistics and Probability
- Interpreting Categorical and Quantitative Data
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Happy Tracking! :)